Self is a person’s unique being that differentiate them from other people. While some of these unique qualities are learnt most of them are from birth. Some of them are also inherited while others because of the temperament of a person.
However those unique qualities were gotten, I will like to call them self. Some of these qualities allows some people to think about other people, their feelings and their opinions.
While for some people the unique qualities makes them self-centred, they don’t consider the feelings or opinion of other people it is mainly all about them making self-cantered person.
Here are some tips to help you know if you are a self-centred person.
- You’ll always want to dominate in a conversation.
- You’ll want to be consulted about every issue
- Do you listen when other people are talking to you as much as you want them to listen to you?
- When you always want to be right.
- You upset people with your behaviour and don’t even care how you are making them feel
There are many more tips to help you know if you are a self-centred person but meditate on these few.
One major danger associated with being self-centred person: It’s just a matter of time, people will start avoiding you since they can’t cope. You will eventually suffer loneliness.
Why it is important for you to realize.
It is also very important for you to realize that while you may think that you are special and things cannot be done without you? There are millions of people out there who can do what you are doing and there is someone who is better and smatter than you. It is important that you remain humble no matter what your accomplishments are.
Below are some steps to help you overcome self-centeredness
- Don’t always want to be the winner, and when someone else wins, congratulate them.
- Appreciate little things that people do for you.
- Listen to people when they talk as much as you want them to listen to you.
- Realize that everything in life is not competition.
- Volunteer your time.
You start to practice these few steps gradually until they become a part of you.